6.23.2010

things I have tried lately...

Here are a few of my most recent experiences:

- baby plums picked right from the tree...a lady brought my cousin some at the bank today and I was lucky enough to receive some as well! She was driving to town, saw a tree of baby plums, and picked enough for the bank staff! (p.s. prunes are made out of plumes...and what do prunes do?? eek!)

- I now know how to properly paint a porch - I just spent two days working on my own! The front porch is currently drying and looks fresh, inviting, and ready to be sat on. Can't wait to move back to my porch perch!

- Trimming hedges with large clippers takes more attention and precision than I thought. Next time I will NOT just clip randomly and will utilize some system or at least thought in the matter...

- Peanut butter and saltines really is one of my favorite snacks. Oh, and twizzlers :)

- Having a working washer and dryer is a luxury...and one that I hope to keep having! We finally got our BRAND NEW washer fixed after waiting two weeks (getting repair men out to Marfa just isn't that easy...) so I only have to walk to the back shed to wash - not the laundromat!

- I want to go to Chicago to see my dear friend, Megan...very much so.

- I also want to go to NYC for a fun, cheap trip to visit my old crush, Trevor. We are now just good friends and I wanna experience his big kid life out there!

- Facing difficult moments head on and admitting to mistakes is so much easier, less painful, and softer on the heart than dragging them out or avoiding the moment of truth. Just do it.

- And finally, with Jesus on your side, ALL things really are possible. A little faith goes a long way.


Love you all!

Marfa means...sweet plums straight from the tree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment