7.14.2010

not QUITE speechless.

While I was meandering about Lubbock, a great blog subject came to mind. I was having a conversation with someone about something that was just BEGGING to be blogged over. I could feel my written words forming in my mind as we continued to discuss whatever it is. Now, here I sit able to write and able to explore such things and, yet, I have no idea what it was. Bummer.

But, here I am with keyboard in hand and ready to type up a storm. What to discuss?

This weekend I embark on yet another mini-vaca. This summer seems to have been filled with weekends away - all for good, fun reasons but I just wanna stay here for once! I head to the DFW area on Friday for Clay's wedding. Clay and I have been close friends for years and he was always the big brother I never got to have. Over the years, we had our highs and lows and have recently drifted apart again. But, we have shared in many huge, life changing experiences together and will always be connected by those things. I have yet to meet the bride but have only heard good things - I am excited to see them become man and wife under the audience God and the people who love them dearly. I wish John would be there with me - we were so excited about Clay's upcoming nuptials and I just don't feel right not having him there. Yes, he will "be there in spirit" but I will now be selfish and say...I want him with ME.

What are your upcoming weekend plans? We are now on the downhill towards the end of summer...how will you utilize your weekend?


Marfa means...new relationships, new people, and new things to look forward to :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you remember what your topic was. My weekend is getting ready for Houston. Loved seeing you Friday. Much Love!

    ReplyDelete