6.08.2010

absolultely scrumptous.

Put together eggs, vanilla, and sugar and you will always be satisfied. These three ingredients are the basis of cakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and (my personal favorite) ice cream. Depending on cooking times, preparation methods, and other ingredients, you can begin with three basic items and end with some incredibly sweet, satisfying, and all-together wonderful.

Today I put this theory to the test. Using my all-time favorite baker as my guide, I baked and layered over a dozen Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches. To me, that just sounds fancy! But, please note, it was so simple. Using a basic but sturdy chocolate cookie recipe and the best ice cream available in Marfa, Texas, I slathered the creamy deliciousness between two freshly baked (but cooled, of course) chocolate cookies. Please - EVERYONE try this at home. I quickly wrapped them up and ran a few down to the hotel. This kind of wonderful delight in life should just NOT be enjoyed alone.


Marfa means...sitting at Jett's and trying experiment drinks while Jose tries my newest creation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment