6.07.2010

the ultimate tease.

God is the ultimate tease. He keeps surrounding Marfa with expansive storm clouds, exquisite lightening shows, rumbling thunder. All the land and towns within at least a 40 mile radius seem to be getting excellent rain and storms - all of which we can see thanks to the open space that West Texas provides. And yet, even though we close windows and bring in the drying laundry, Marfa gets little more than a sprinkling of rain. I keep waiting and anticipating the fury of the sky to fall down upon my little town. I keep hoping for the thunderous experience that a West Texas storm brings. I await the freshness and lightness of the air after a good, cleansing rain. I see it all around me but it has yet to hit Marfa!

I have a new project in mind...I will let you know more when things look more realistic. It involves Marfa, obviously, and raising money for a brave and sacrificial group here in town. If all works according to plan, it will be a really fun and exciting project. Let's hope things work out!


Marfa means...getting to actually watch a thunderstorm without being in the midst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment