6.03.2010

mm mm good

This is definitely an mm mm good morning here in the little white house on Texas Street. I am sipping my coffee and sitting in the kitchen. The windows are opened and I can here the town beginning to wake up - birds chirping (even with my fear, I can still appreciate morning bird songs...), dogs barking, cars headed to work or maybe home from work. I love this part of the day - sun coming up, sky is a greyish blue with the break of dawn. It's a good day here in Marfa.

Classes started Tuesday. I'm taking my speech/communications credit at Sul Ross State University. I am not worried about the class - good professor, easy subject matter, will be over after the month. However, other than a nearly 30 year old guy, I'm the oldest by far. There is a high school program at Sul Ross for high schoolers in the area to get a taste of living on their own and doing the whole college thing...that's right, they are in my class! I have high schoolers, my cousin's class has all the older returning students after a few years' break in college. Well, it should be fun. If anything, now I'll know some of the younger west Texas crowd - always good to have a few friends in different groups! Plus, one of them works at DQ...think he can hook me up??

Marfa means...amazing fried jalepenos and good company at Jett's (the hotel's restaurant)!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like being the 'old geezer' in the room. :) I'd get to know the DQ guy. Never hurts to have friends in sweet places.

    ReplyDelete