1.30.2011

glorious.

Yesterday in Lubbock it was 75 degrees with a light breeze.
Yesterday in Lubbock I was in my swimsuit, basking in the sun, in my backyard.

Good thing I have a high enough fence because the public might have been a) blinded by my pasty-ness and b) though I had on both halves of my bikini, one might consider me nearly topless...I just wanted to be tan all over! I did get a nice red tint...some said I was sunburned but I know my tan self better than they. Ha - I said. I knew today the red would be gone and I would be, finally, a slightly darker toned self than this time yesterday. On Friday, I went to class dressed for the 30 degrees that it was when I left...I promptly stripped down to my bra and some borrowed shorts at a friends house. I could not pass up the 73 degree sunshine and my clothes at my house were just too far away to waste time on silly things like a swimsuit when, let's be honest, a bra is not much different...just prettier due to the lace I am accustomed to.

Tuesday's weather calls for snow...how can I get a slight sun-burn one day and then three days later be expecting snow?! My emotions and psyci (spelling??) are being teased!

Yesterday, due to the fabulous weather and little responsibility I currently have, was titled "Summer Day" by some friends and I. We iced down some beer, grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, made and ate delicious dips with crunchy chips, and sat around all afternoon in the warm sun. It was a perfect day - really, perfection was accomplished. I was surrounded by some old friends, some new friends, and people that are just mutual friends. It was a healthy mixture that brought fresh conversation and new experiences. It's always good for us to surround ourselves with new people to liven things up a bit.

Ok, church time. Enjoy your Sunday and...just get excited because January is NEARLY over. Which means, this month is over...phew. Plus, we are that much closer to warm, sunny days EVERY day. love that.


Marfa means...a fun girls' weekend in less than two weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment