5.01.2012

hydrate.

One thing I have NOT been doing in the past is hydrating my body the way I should be. Yes, I kept a water bottle with me during the day and refilled when low. Yes, I rarely drink sodas. No, I did not have any idea that the water I was drinking was not as healthy as I thought...

The natural, spring water that God provided the world with is more alkaline than the water we drink. All the purified, RO, treated water that we are provided with is more acidic than our body really needs. In order to make the water more alkaline, I have been squeezing fresh lemon juice into my big gulp cup. When lemons are nearby, a touch of baking soda can also do the trick. This water with fresh lemon juice truly makes me feel so much more hydrated than just plain water.

To get more herbs in my diet, I have been mixing a bit of herb tea with my lemon water. Dandelion root, though bitter, is so refreshing and oh so good for my body! It is the miracle herb that enhances our health, can prevent cancer, is great for digestion, and has so many other benefits that just wowed me that I had to try it. I've also tried ginger tea which, also better tasting with fresh lemon, is great for digestion and health as well.

So, take a break from bland, acidic water and alkalize it with the refreshing flavor of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Don't forget to toss in some herbal tea for all the health benefits! You'll make your water more enjoyable, curb any desire to snack, and hydrate your body in more ways than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment